With the rise of so many online website building platforms with a do-it-yourself theme, the question arises, ‘why pay a professional web developer?’
Websites built on basic templates can be useful as a temporary measure, while your custom website is being built. Long term, however, this cost cutting measure will not provide your business with the online presence it deserves. Competing online and running a successful website requires the skills and experience of a web developer who understands the goals of your website.
When considering DIY web design, here are some things to keep in mind:
- They can be time-consuming to use. Business owners outsource web design to experts so that they can focus on their business.
- Looks matter. Your website is your first impression and your business deserves better than a standard template that hundreds of other businesses may be using.
- Design mistakes. These platforms tend to be fiddly. On top of that, unless you have some experience of industry standards, design techniques and trends, SEO and other essential skills, you will almost certainly make errors.
- Don’t forget the back-end. Even if you are able to design something you are happy with, you will have little or no access to the back-end code of your website. Quality coding is crucial to SEO and the long-term sustainability of your site.
- Limited functionality. Your website is not only about the looks, it is about what it does for your business. Ensure that you have access to high-level functionality to get more out of your site visits.
To find out about improving your website, get in touch.